My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.caiquecrazy.org
and update your bookmarks.

Its pumpkin time!!!!



I love fall. I love the change in weather, the pretty trees, how the months smoothly blend together.

Another reason I love fall- the food! But not for me, for the birds :P

Fall means pumpkins and squash, mixed nuts, pomegranates, and all sorts of other seasonal fruit. Yum.

Last week was Halloween, and I got a large pumpkin to decorate with, and small minikins for the fids. They loved them. Here is my recipe for tails up pumpkins:
1 mini pumpkin
cinnamon
apples

Wash the pumpkin thoroughly. Cut the top off. Wash & chop apples. Leave the 'guts' in the pumpkin. Stuff the inside with chopped apples, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Put the top back on. Warm oven to 375, place pumpkin in for 8-10 minutes, until warm and 'soft'. Remove, let cool, and feed to birds slightly warm.

It makes a great enrichment toy- not only is it good for them, but its loads of fun to shred!!!

2 Responses to "Its pumpkin time!!!!"

Joonie the Too responded on November 6, 2007 at 9:08 AM #

That is a great idea! Thank you for sharing that.
I can hardly wait to try that out for my guys and see what they do with the mini-pumpkins.

Fun!!!

Sharon responded on November 14, 2007 at 10:19 PM #

What a great idea! But if I know Mooky he'll be afraid of it!