My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.caiquecrazy.org
and update your bookmarks.

The cages are here! (and a Happy Thanksgiving!)



After anxious waiting, my new cages are here! WOOHOO! The caiques got a total revamp. Previously, Higgins (my male BHC) was in a large California model cage, and Rosie was in a small California dometop. Now, they are both in a double stack cage, with so much room to spare! Each cage has interior dimensions of 35 by 30 by 40. These cages are heavy duty- I love them. The birds love them, too.

Now the above picture was taken before I had set up a full spectrum light on the bottom portion. No worries- the FS light is up and running and both birdies are happy.

Its amazing what a simple cage change can do for a birds attitude. My previous clinging, obsessive screaming, neurotic (ok, she still has issues, lol) little Rosie-Goober is no longer clinging to the side of the cage, yelling all the time. No matter how I re-arranged her previous cage, she was never happy. Now, she is running around her cage, playing, sitting in front of her light, just being a generally happy bird. I think the cage on top and the wall behind her makes her feel really secure [as she is a really insecure bird]. It seems to be just what she needed, because her horrible screaming has practically been non-existant since I put her in the new cage.

Higgins (my male BHC) loves being on top. He has always thought he was top bird and I think being so high up gives him an ego boost [not that he needs one!]. He has spent the past couple days looking out the window and playing with toys on the bottom of his new cage. WOOT! It's a happy household.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving- from my flock to yours :)

3 Responses to "The cages are here! (and a Happy Thanksgiving!)"

Sharon responded on November 22, 2007 at 10:24 PM #

That's a nice set-up. Spacious but yet compact... sort of like the stackable washers & dryers.

Martin responded on November 25, 2007 at 6:10 PM #

I would love to see how you have your fs light set up with that cage. I have a similar arrangement with my cockatiel and amazon in a double-decker cage. Just started the fs ligting with my amazon, and it seems to be making a big difference.

Kibibi responded on December 2, 2007 at 3:50 PM #

Nice blog and congratulations on making the blog links list at the InfoSuperFlyway.com. You can check out your listing at http://www.infosuperflyway.com/links.php#bs .