My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://blog.caiquecrazy.org
and update your bookmarks.

Honey I'm home!

Well we have safely arrived to our new house, and gotten the fidlets somewhat situated. The car ride was long, but that is a story for another day! We pulled in somewhere around 10 pm, after getting hopelessly lost. Seeing as how the caiques like to put themselves to bed at around 7:30ish, they were not happy about having to be up 'after dark.'



Here you can see how the birds were situated in the car. 2 in the seat up front, 2 in the back. These are their traveling cages, which I love. They are collapsible so they store easy, but they are sturdy and great for traveling. Each of the birds had 2 perches and 2 side mount toys, as they would be in their travel cages for an extended period of time since we had to load the van, then drive, unpack the van, and unpack and clean the cages over a period of about 5 days. For the drive they had fresh fruit, seed, and a smidge of water.

Lesson learned during this trip? When birds are screaming in the car cause its past their bedtime, a chip from the quickee mart makes for a good bribe to be quiet.

3 Responses to "Honey I'm home!"

Sharon responded on September 22, 2008 at 3:27 PM #

Chips always soothes the soul of a screeching birdy!

Mooky used to go to bed when it got dark outside but now he tries to stay up until midnight!

DoodleBird responded on September 28, 2008 at 9:39 PM #

I just wanted to tell you I love your blog. I found it when I was doing research on Caiques before I got one. I just added you to my links list on my blog. ;-)

Emily responded on October 1, 2008 at 4:55 AM #

Thanks Patricia! I am going over to check out your blog too :) I always enjoy meeting new caique people!